PREPRUFE® pre-applied waterproofing solutions
A high performance, fully adhered, pre-applied waterproofing system for critical below grade applications.
Below grade waterproofing is a standout challenge for any construction project. Leaks from groundwater, storm water runoff or irrigation water may impact the foundation of any building that's improperly waterproofed—and when concrete is involved, there are any number of ways that water can travel into and around a structure.
- Water can come up through the seams of a poorly designed or improperly installed waterproofing membrane
- Job site conditions such as dust can spoil the adhesion of membrane to concrete and prevent a system from performing as designed
- Imperfections, voids and cracks in concrete can create a pathway for water to migrate in and around a structure.
To manage the risks outlined above and meet the challenges of below-grade construction, a robust, high performing and easily installed waterproofing system is required.
PREPRUFE® Product Documents
|Product Name||Product Data Sheet|
|PREPRUFE® 300R & 160R|
|PREPRUFE® 300R Plus Membrane|
|PREPRUFE® CJ Tape|
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® 100S pre-applied waterproofing membrane is a multi-layer composite waterproofing material with superior performance, including a layer of high-density PE (HDPE) film, self-adhesive polymer layer and a unique particulate layer.
- Forms permanent bond to concrete poured against it, preventing water from seeping into the gap between waterproofing membrane and the structure.
- Not affected by the displacement of the basal layer/ ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Membrane can be trafficked immediately after application.
Waterproofing below ground concrete structures
Protection of concrete foundations against aggressive ground contaminants
Prevents methane leakage in underground layers
PREPRUFE 300R & 160R are pre-applied waterproofing membranes that bond integrally to poured concrete for use below slabs or behind basement walls on confined sites.
- Fully-adhered watertight laps and detailing.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas
- BBA Certified for basement Grades 1, 2 & 3 as per BS 8102: 2009
- Designed to accept the placing of heavy reinforcement using conventional concrete spacers.
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membrane is a unique pre applied composite sheet comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating. Designed with Advanced Bond Technology™ and dual adhesive ZipLap™ seams, the PREPRUFE® Plus membrane forms a unique, integral bond to poured concrete. This integral bond is specifically designed to provide a robust barrier to water, moisture and gas and prevents both the ingress and lateral migration of water.
- Fast, Simple and Secure – engineered for efficient jobsite application and long term waterproofing performance.
- Advanced Bond Technology™ reduces risk - develops an intimate and continuous adhesive bond to concrete proven to resist water migration between concrete substrate and the waterproofing membrane.
- PREPRUFE® ZipLap™ dual adhesive watertight laps - easy to execute year round even in harsh conditions; laps stay clean and dry until the seal is made.
- Water and vapour proofing for all basement grades to BS 8102:2009 & IS 16471 : 2017
- Waterproofing civil engineering sub-structures.
- Protection of reinforced concrete structures in most aggressive ground exposures including conditions experienced in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Certifications available upon request
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® CJ Tape are specially formulated two sided, reinforced pressure-sensitive tapes.
- The bottom side of the tape has a highly aggressive pressure-sensitive adhesive which is designed to adhere to penetrations, protrusions and waterproofing membranes and accessories from GCP Applied Technologies.
- The top side of the tape has a pressure-sensitive adhesive, a weather-resistant protective coating an a release liner.
- PREPRUFE Tape is a 100mm wide tape used in detail areas including end laps, penetrations and various tie-ins.
PREPRUFE® Tape and PREPRUFE CJ Tape are specially formulated two sided, reinforced pressure-sensitive tapes. These tapes are constructed with a highly aggressive adhesive which is designed to adhere to penetrations, protrusions and GCP waterproofing membranes.
- Detail areas including end laps, penetrations and repairs to PREPRUFE waterproofing systems
- Construction joints
Protect your building with a three-layer membrane
Comprised of a robust HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and protective coating, Preprufe® forms a robust, permanent and aggressive adhesive bond with any concrete slab. Preprufe® products are specifically designed to perform in critical applications and incorporate Advanced Bond Technology™ to ensure fully adhered and long lasting product performance. This technology allows Preprufe® to form a continuous unbroken seal with the concrete for the design life of the project.
A proven, reliable waterproofing solution for critical applications
Preprufe® waterproofing Advanced Bond Technology™ creates a continuous, integral and permanent adhesive bond to concrete. This seal prevents the lateral migration of water into and around the structure and provides performance for the lifetime of the structure. In the case of a breach or installation error, this fully-bonded membrane ensures that water under hydrostatic pressure is unable to migrate between the membrane and concrete, therefore limiting the risk of catastrophic waterproofing failure. Independent testing and a 25+ year track record has proven that Preprufe® can resist lateral water migration at extremely high pressure – 70+ meters of hydrostatic head pressure. For this reason, Preprufe® systems are globally proven in the world's most critical applications.
Contractor friendly, straightforward installation to ensure performance and accelerate project schedules
Many systems in the market today require the use of welding or mechanically fastened laps. These installation requirements require a skilled installer, introduce risk to the installation and take time, effort and expertise. These methods requires a large crew and specialised equipment in addition to creating the potential for dangerous and unpleasant site conditions such as odour. In addition to the logistical challenges, these processes tend to be finicky— common jobsite challenges such as dust and moisture can easily result in incorrectly completed laps and details, both of which may result in expensive and costly long-term consequences.
By contrast, Preprufe® Plus can be applied with a minimal crew and requires no special equipment for installation. Installation is simple: a "kick-out" design allows workers to unroll a sheet in seconds. A dual adhesive ZipLap™ seam allows sheets to bond to one another easily, and the adhesive is designed to resist common nuisance conditions onsite - dust, debris and moisture.
With applications on mega projects such as the Alaskan Viaduct, the largest bored tunnel on Earth, Preprufe® has been proven the world over in critical applications. Over the last 25 years, builders have installed more than 650 million square feet (over 60 million m2) of Preprufe® in below-grade applications—there’s hardly a more trusted brand in waterproofing. For more information on how Preprufe® can benefit your project, contact GCP today.