BITUTHENE® post-applied waterproofing
Proven Performance from the World’s Most Trusted Post-applied Waterproofing Membrane.
Plazas and parking decks. Inverted roofs, green roofs and elevated decks. Basement walls. Tunnels, metro stations and infrastructure products. For each of these applications and more, there's a Bituthene® product developed by GCP. Bituthene® is the most trusted post-applied waterproofing membranes. Its effectiveness has been proven time and again in countless projects. Long lasting, versatile and easy to instal, Bituthene® gets the job done.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® 3000/3000 HC is a high performance, cold-applied, flexible, preformed waterproof membrane combining a special high performance, cross-laminated, HDPE carrier film with a unique self-adhesive rubber bitumen compound.
- High density, cross-laminated polyethylene film
- Single layer
- Flat decks
BITUTHENE® 8000 / 8000 HC Waterproofing Membrane combines the proven Bituthene adhesive technology with a unique, grey-coloured carrier film to provide superior performance and easier installation.
- Water and moisture proof
- Non-metalised film
- Designed to be used horizontally or vertically to protect basements and other critical sub-structures from the effects of water, damp and gas penetration
BITUTHENE® Liquid Membranes are two-component, asphalt-modified urethanes and include Bituthene LM (trowel grade) for vertical applications and detailing and Bituthene Deck Prep (pourable grade) for horizontal applications.
- Liquid applied
- Tough rubber-like
- Fillet and reinforcement material at inside corners
- Flashing material around drains, protrusions, curbs and parapets
- Sealing material at terminations
SOLARSHIELD™ is a robust, cold-applied, self-adhesive, heavily textured aluminium membrane which can be used as a conformable solar reflective flashing or protection for exposed roofing membranes.
- Aluminum sheet
- High purity aluminium
- No naked flame system
Flexible and powerful
Bituthene® is available in a number of grades to suit your project needs. Supplied as an easily-applied sheet, It can be cold-applied at temperatures as low as 25°F, and can be placed on a variety of concrete surfaces. Its robust waterproofing properties, combined with its ease of application, results in a contractor-friendly product that adds value to buildings.
Apply easily, anywhere
Although the chemical properties of Bituthene® make it suitable for a variety of applications, we have added mechanical innovations to further its ease of use and long-term viability.
- Ripcord® design lets workers easily split release liner for ease of positioning
- Cold-applied membrane avoids risk of fire during installation due to the fact that flame and/or hot works are not required
- Self-adhesive overlaps avoid leaky seams and eliminate the need for specialised equipment or training.
- When used with primer, Bituthene® can easily be applied to damp or green concrete during time-sensitive construction, saving time and money for the project team.
Unparalleled water protection
Buildings change and settle over time, but Bituthene® accommodates those changes.
- Robust film and specially formulated adhesive provide maximum water protection
- Flexible yet strong membrane provides crack bridging capabilities and moves with concrete, accommodating minor settling
- Controlled thickness ensures lack of variation
Get world-class technical services
With so many versatile applications, there’s a Bituthene® solution for nearly every project and design. We provides world-class technical services in order to make those limits even smaller.