BITUTHENE® post-applied waterproofing
Proven Performance from the World’s Most Trusted Post-applied Waterproofing Membrane.
Plazas and parking decks. Inverted roofs, green roofs and elevated decks. Basement walls. Tunnels, metro stations and infrastructure products. For each of these applications and more, there's a BITUTHENE® product developed by GCP. BITUTHENE® is the most trusted post-applied waterproofing membranes. Its effectiveness has been proven time and again in countless projects. Long lasting, versatile and easy to install, BITUTHENE® gets the job done.
BITUTHENE® Product Documents
|Product Data Sheet
|BITUTHENE® 8000HC (IN Version)
|BITUTHENE® LM (E)
|BITUTHENE® Primer B1
|BITUTHENE® Primer B3
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® 3000HC (Hot Climate grade) is the 1.5 mm thick waterproofing membrane made of Bituthene advanced self adhesive technology.
- Gas resistant
- Reduces installation risk
- Full width cross lamination HDPE film
Used for elevated temperatures of up to +55 °C.
Composite membrane incorporating high performance moisture and water resistant rubberised asphalt with tough, puncture and heat resistant polypropylene reinforcing mesh. Specially developed for use under a hot applied asphalt concrete wearing course
- Cold applied
BITUTHENE® 6000 is ideal for waterproofing structural concrete and civil works such as airports, rapid transit systems, power plants, environmental projects and earth sheltered structures and may be used in lieu of BITUTHENE® 3000 on basements and substructures that require extra tough waterproofing protection.
- Capable of resisting a hydrostatic head when fully supported
- Provides dimensional stability, high tear strength, puncture and impact resistance
- Simple, reliable, low labour cost with benefit of site programmed installation
- Underground roof slabs
BITUTHENE® 8000 HC Waterproofing Membrane combines the proven BITUTHENE® adhesive technology with a unique, full width grey-colored solar reflective film to reduce solar gain and facilitate easier installation and damage detection.
- Water and moisture proof
- Non-metalised film
- Used horizontally or vertically to protect basements and other critical sub-structures
- Suitable for flat decks such as inverted roofs, elevated or grade level podiums or plaza decks
BITUTHENE® LM (E) is designed to complement GCP sheet systems where liquid applied waterproofing is necessary to ensure watertight continuity. BITUTHENE® LM is a bitumen modified polyurethane sealant that cures to form a tough seamless rubber-like waterproof layer.
- Liquid applied
- Tough rubber-like
- Chemically cured
- Cold applied
- PREPRUFE® and BITUTHENE® compatible
- pile terminations
- pipe penetrations
- membrane continuity through masonry
- internal corners
- difficult details
BITUTHENE® Primer B1 is a solvent-based bituminous primer used to prepare vertical and sloping surfaces and suspended slabs, for BITUTHENE® GP, BITUTHENE® MRX and BITUTHENE® HC grade membrane application.
- All temperatures above +5 °C
- Compatible with BITUTHENE® GP, BITUTHENE® MRX and BITUTHENE® HC grade membranes
- High coverage - low cost per square metre
Bitumen based solvent primer for application to substrates prior to the application of BITUTHENE® self–adhesive waterproof membranes.
- High solids content - higher coverage per litre
- Easy application by brush or roller
- All temperatures above +5 °C
Concrete, masonry, steel substrates
SERVIPAK® Flex is a tough but flexible protection board made of modified bituminous compound with a fiberglass core for dimensional stability. The boards are covered with polyethylene film on both sides.
- Flexible - can be folded through chamfered edges without cutting or breaking
- Fast, easy and cold applied
- High resistance to impact and puncture
Flexible and powerful
BITUTHENE® is available in a number of grades to suit your project needs. Supplied as an easily-applied sheet, It can be cold-applied at temperatures as low as 25°F, and can be placed on a variety of concrete surfaces. Its robust waterproofing properties, combined with its ease of application, results in a contractor-friendly product that adds value to buildings.
Apply easily, anywhere
Although the chemical properties of BITUTHENE® make it suitable for a variety of applications, we have added mechanical innovations to further its ease of use and long-term viability.
- RIPCORD® design lets workers easily split release liner for ease of positioning
- Cold-applied membrane avoids risk of fire during installation due to the fact that flame and/or hot works are not required
- Self-adhesive overlaps avoid leaky seams and eliminate the need for specialised equipment or training.
- When used with primer, BITUTHENE® can easily be applied to damp or green concrete during time-sensitive construction, saving time and money for the project team.
Unparalleled water protection
Buildings change and settle over time, but BITUTHENE® accommodates those changes.
- Robust film and specially formulated adhesive provide maximum water protection
- Flexible yet strong membrane provides crack bridging capabilities and moves with concrete, accommodating minor settling
- Controlled thickness ensures lack of variation
Get world-class technical services
With so many versatile applications, there’s a BITUTHENE® solution for nearly every project and design. We provides world-class technical services in order to make those limits even smaller.