The original self-adhesive waterproofing membrane with unique rubber/bitumen compound and cross laminated high density polyethylene. For basements and substructures in hot climates.
BITUTHENE® 3000HC (Hot Climate grade) is the 1.5 mm thick waterproofing membrane made of Bituthene advanced self adhesive technology. Proven in the Middle East region for more than 30 years, the adhesive is a proprietary complex formulation to ensure durability and optimum performance in the most demanding Hot Climate conditions. BITUTHENE® 3000HC can be used for elevated temperatures of up to +55 °C. BITUTHENE® 3000HC complies with the international standard BS 8102: 2009 for the protection of structures below ground.
- Fast, easy, cold applied -
- Many contractors use their own labour for speed, cost, and to avoid scheduling issues; no additional logistics for torching equipments and gas cylinders.
- Safety –
- No fire or gas hazard, or harmful fumes due to torching.
- No hot works permit.
- Reduces installation risk no risk of:
- Over heating that damages the membrane and affects performance.
- Under heating – poor membrane adhesion and lap sealing affects water tightness.
- Productivity - full 20m2 per roll with only 50 mm laps as standard:
- Twice the coverage per roll, with 50% less waste.
- 50% lighter - easier, faster handling especially for vertical applications.
- Original BITUTHENE® self adhesive membrane technology, the industry benchmark.
- Gas resistant – barrier to radon and methane gases during the lifetime of the structure.
- Full width cross laminated HDPE film -
- Only Bituthene has edge to edge twin sealing for highest waterproofing integrity.
- Less waste, faster, quality installation
- Fast drying, high coverage BITUTHENE® B1 primer.
- Unique bonding allows ‘repositioning’ during application.
- Pre-marked overlaps – ensures minimum 50 mm overlaps without marking at site.
- High quality packaging with crush resistant core - ensures “as made” quality of product from production to application.
- Siliconised release paper – ensures smooth release even at high +55 °C site temperature.
|PROPERTY||TYPICAL VALUE||TEST METHOD|
|Resistance to hydrostatic head||> 60 m||ASTM 5385|
|BITUTHENE® 3000HC||1 m x 20 m roll (20 sq m)
Weight 39 kg
|Storage||Store upright in dry conditions below +40 °C|
|BITUTHENE® Primer B1||25 litre units (Coverage: 8-10 m2/litre) *|
|Drying time||30-40 mins|
|BITUTHENE® Primer B3||20 litre units (Coverage: 8-10 m2/litre) *|
|Drying t ime||10-12 hours|
|ADCOR® 500T||6 x 5 m rolls|
|BITUTHENE® LM||5.7 litre packs|
|Servipak Flex||Available in 3, 4 & 6 mm thicknesses **|
|Bitustik™ 4000||150 mm x 12 m roll|
* Depending upon method of application, surface porosity and ambient temperature
** Please refer to Servipak Flex data sheet
Equipment by Others: Soft broom, Stanley knife, brush or roller for priming.
BITUTHENE® 3000HC shall be laid by peeling back the siliconized protective release paper and applying the adhesive face onto the prepared surface with BITUTHENE® Primer B1 or BITUTHENE® Primer B3.
Declared values according to EN 13967
|Property||Declared Value||Test Method|
|Visible defects - MDV||No||EN 1850-2|
|Length (m) - MDV||20.15 ± 0.15||EN 1848-2|
|Width Carrier Sheet (m) - MDV||0.987 ± 0.007||EN 1848-2|
|Width Overall (roll) (m) - MDV||1.000 ± 0.005||EN 1848-2|
|Water tightness to liquid water (at 60 kPa)||Pass||EN 1928-2|
|Resistance to impact (Al-board) (mm) - MLV||150 - Pass||EN 12691|
|Resistance to impact (base EPS) (mm) - MLV||900 - Pass||EN 12691|
|Resistance to tearing (Nail Shank) - unreinforced sheets (N) - MLV||Long¹ 100 / Trans² 100||EN 12310-1|
|Joint strength (N/50mm) - MLV||150||EN 12317-2|
|Water vapour transmission (μ= sD/d) - MDV||180.000 ± 30%||EN 1931 Method B|
|Water vapour transmission (sD in m) - MDV||250 ± 30%||EN 1931 Method B|
|Resistance to deformation under load||Not Applicable||EN 13967 Annex B|
|Straightness - MDV||Pass||EN 1848-2|
|Thickness (mm) - MDV||1.52 ± 0.08||EN 1849-2|
|Mass per unit area (g/m²) - MDV||1550 ± 90||EN 1849-2|
|Durability of water tightness against ageing/degradation (at 60 kPa)||Pass||EN 1296/ EN 1928 Method B|
|Durability of water tightness against chemicals (at 60 kPa)||Pass||EN 1847 Method B/ EN 1847 Method B|
|Durability of tensile properties against chemicals||Pass||EN 13967 Annex C|
|Compatibility with bitumen||Pass||EN 1548|
|Resistance to static loading (kg)||10 - Pass||EN 12730|
|Tensile properties - unreinforced sheets (N/6mm) - MLV||Long¹ 15 / Trans² 15||EN 12311-2 Method B|
|Tensile properties - unreinforced sheets (Elongation %) - MLV||Long¹ 100 / Trans² 65||EN 12311-2 Method B|
|Reaction to fire (Class; test conditions)||E||EN 13501-1|
1. Longitudinal - related to the roll direction
2. Transversal - related to the roll direction
3. MDV: Manufacturer Declared Value
4. MLV: Manufactured Limiting Value
All declared values shown in this data sheet are based on test results determined under laboratory conditions and with the product sample taken directly from stock in its original packing without any alteration or modification of its component parts.
Repairs & Protection
- Damaged areas to be repaired with an oversize patch applied to a cleandry, surface extending 100 mm beyond damage and firmly rolled.
- Protect BITUTHENE® membranes immediately after application to avoid damage from other trades, construction materials or backfill, using only Servipak Flex protection boards. Consult your local GCP representative for advice on protection thickness.
Produced in the UAE, BITUTHENE® production and performance is audited for yearly independent Factory Production Control
Since 1997, BITUTHENE® 3000HC product application & suitability has been certified by the British Board of Agreement (BBA) for watertightness, durability and gas resistance. BBA Certification for BITUTHENE® 3000HC includes:
- CE mark
- Independently verified technical specification
- Assessment criteria and technical investigations
- Design considerations
- Installation guidance
- Regular surveillance of production
- Formal three-yearly review
Manufactured only by GCP in the UAE to the highest standards of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001, BITUTHENE® 3000HC is readily available across the region to meet urgent demands.
BITUTHENE® 3000HC, a self adhesive, cold applied, flexible 1.5 mm thick waterproofing membrane, comprised of advanced BITUTHENE® rubberized asphalt technology, with full width cross laminated HDPE carrier film, which has pre-marked minimum 50 mm overlap. The membrane should be protected against damage using only GCP Protection boards. The membrane shall have a valid British Board of Agreement (BBA) certificate.
Health and Safety
There is no legal requirement for a SDS (Safety Data Sheet) for BITUTHENE® 3000HC. Refer to product carton for additional safety information. Users must comply with all risk and safety phrases. SDS’s can be obtained from GCP Applied Technologies.
gcpat.in | India customer service: +91 124 4885900
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
BITUTHENE is a trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
Emirates Chemicals LLC, Festival Tower, P. O. Box 5006, Festival City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in India. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.in. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2021-02-05