DE NEEF® Denepox 40
An ultra-low viscosity, two-component epoxy injection resin for structural injections in concrete, and can be used in a dry or wet environment.
Two-component epoxy resin, which cures into a rigid compound in wet and dry conditions.
Field of Application
- Low pressure injection for the structural bonding of cracks and microcracks in dry or wet concrete.
- Bonding and anchoring.
- Sealing of porous low density concrete.
- DE NEEF® Denepox 40 is not suited for applications in contact with moving water.
- Insensitive to humidity.
- Cures in damp/wet environment.
- Low viscosity: deep penetration in the cracks.
- Very good adhesion: exceeds the cohesion of the concrete.
- Long pot life.
- Cured DE NEEF® Denepox 40 is resistant to acids, alkalis, oils, greases and petroleum derivatives (*)
(*) For chemical resistance please contact your local GCP representative.
A-component Epoxy resin, transparent
B-component Polyamine hardener, light yellow
Mixing ratio by weight: 100:30
Has to be estimated by the engineer or operator and depends on width and depth of the cracks and voids.
Technical Data / Properties
|Bond strength to dry concrete||MPa||Exceeds concrete cohesion||EN 1542|
|Bond strength to damp concrete||MPa||Exceeds concrete cohesion||EN 1542|
|Compressive strength||MPa||Approx. 100||NBN EN 196|
|Tensile strength||MPa||‘> 50||ISO 527|
|Flexural strength||MPa||‘> 60||NBN EN 196|
|Glass transition temperature||°C||< 60||EN 12614|
|Density at 25 °C||Kg/dm³||Approx. 1.1||EN ISO 2811|
|Viscosity at 25°C||mPa.s||Approx. 85||EN ISO 3219|
|Pot life (100g at 25 °C)||Min||Approx. 80|
|Minimum application temperature||°C||10|
Full chemical resistances are only reached after a curing period of 7 days at 20 °C. Mechanical properties of epoxy resins decrease at temperatures higher than 50°C.
To be ordered separately
- DE NEEF® IP 1C-Manual hand pump.
- DE NEEF® IP 1C-Compact electrical airless diaphragm pump.
- DE NEEF® Washing Agent Eco
- Packers and connectors.
(Please consult the relevant data sheet).
1. Surface preparation. Surfaces to be repaired or sealed need to be clean and sound. The concrete surface must be free of dust, laitance, sealers, grease or any other contaminants that might influence bonding of the resin to the concrete
2. Injection ports. Entry ports for injecting should be approved devices spaced at appropriate intervals to accomplish full penetration of the resin into the cracks or voids.
- Drilled ports
Drilling of cracks for packers needs to be executed in accordance with local regulations. After drilling the hole, insert packer.
- Glued ports (plastic or metal)
The injection ports should be fixed to the surface of the crack with Multitek Adhesive SDW.
Apply a layer of Multitek Adhesive SDW, polyester paste or fast curing cement to the surface of the crack.
3. Mixing. Mix the pre-weighted quantities of resin (A-component) and hardener (B-component) with a low speed mixer (300rpm) until a homogeneous liquid is obtained. Never mix more material than the quantity that can be used up within 60 minutes.
Heat is generated by the exothermic reaction when Components A and B are mixed and temperatures will increase over time. Do not mix more than 500 g at a time or leave more than 500 g of material in the injection equipment for a period longer than 60 minutes to prevent production of intense heat and smoke.
MIXING RATIO A B
|Component A||Component B|
4. Injection. The crack can be injected with a manual (single piston) pump or a mechanical (single or double piston) injection pump
Initial hardening time: approx. 24h at 20°C
Uncured material and equipment should be cleaned with DE NEEF® Washing Agent Eco
A-component: metal pail
Net : 2.3kg (Gross: 2.47kg)
B-component: metal pail
Net : 0.7kg (Gross: 0.78kg)
5 pails of A-component and 10 pails of B-component
16 boxes of A-component and 8 boxes of B-component
DE NEEF® Denepox 40 is sensitive to moisture and should be stored in original containers in a dry area. Storage temperature must be between 5°C and 50°C. Once the packaging has been opened, the useful life of the material is greatly reduced and it should be used as soon as possible. Shelf life: 2 years.
Health and Safety
Read and understand the product label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for each system component. All users should acquaint themselves with this information prior to working with the products and follow the precautionary statements. Always wear protective clothing, gloves and protective goggles. SDSs can be obtained by contacting your local GCP representative or office.
|De Neef Conchem nv/sa
Force transmitted filling of cracks
U (F1) W(3) (1/2) (10/40) (0)
|Adhesion By Tensile Bond Strength||≥ 2N / mm2|
|Adhesion By Slant Shear Strength||Monolithic failure|
|Glass Transition Temperature||> 40°C|
|Workability||Crack width from 0.3mm|
|Moisture State Of The Crack||Dry and damp|
|Corrosion Behavior||Deemed to have no corrosive effect|
|Dangerous Substances||Complies with 5.4|
gcpat.in | India customer service: +91 124 4885900
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
Denepox is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2017 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Applied Technologies India Private Limited, Unit No. 208, Second Floor, Time Tower Building, Sector-28, MG Road, Gurugram, Haryana-122002, India
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in India. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.in. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-11-18