BETEC® Flex S150
Two-component, flexible, cementitious coating for waterproofing/damp-proofing of new and existing structures
BETEC® Flex S150 is a flexible, two-part polymer-modified cementitious waterproofing system. The two components of BETEC® Flex S150 are mixed together with a slow speed drill and paddle to form a smooth slurry. The slurry is applied by trowel or brush, in two coats, to form a hard but flexible waterproof cementitious coating.
BETEC® Flex S150 can be applied onto damp substrates, internal and external wet areas. The cured membrane is flexible, durable, weather-resistant, and has excellent adhesion to most substrates.
- Resists both positive and negative pressure.
- Flexible - will bridge drying shrinkage and hair line cracks.
- Seals lightweight aerated blocks and pre-cast joints.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, masonry, ceramics, and most common substrates and does not attack metal.
- Able to take foot traffic when cured.
- Direct plaster or screed without affecting bond.
- Floor, basement wall and slab
- Swimming pool, water feature
- Bathroom, balcony, wet area and planter box
- Water-retaining structure
- Parking deck
- Sealing pre-cast joint
- Chase out all holes and voids and fill with appropriate Mortar from GCP Applied Technologies to provide a smooth and level surface; mortar joints should be flush pointed.
- Remove all bitumen, oil, grease, dirt and other surface contaminants by wire brushing and pressure washing. Cut back any protrusions.
- Shake the liquid well and pour around 75% into a clean mixing container. •Slowly add the BETEC® Flex S150 Powder while mixing.
- Mix until a homogenous slurry, free from all lumps, is formed. •Scrape any unmixed material from the side of the mixing container with a trowel and mix in.
- Finally, add the appropriate amount of the remaining liquid to achieve the required consistency for application.
- DO NOT USE PART MIXES. DO NOT ADD WATER, CEMENT, SAND OR OTHER MATERIALS.
- It is recommended that mechanical mixing (400 to 500rpm) should be used for 2 to 3 mins to ensure proper dispersion of the components.
- Pre-wet the surface with clean water. Do not allow pooling or ponding.
- Apply the first coat of BETEC® Flex S150 mixed materials onto the prepared surface using a brush, trowel, squeegee or roller in a stifling action.
- Apply the second coat finish depending on site conditions and film thickness required.
- Before applying the second coat in alternate direction, leave the first coat to dry for approximately 2 to 4 hours depending on the thickness.
- If overcoating is done more than 24 hours after applying the previous coat, or the previous coat has already dried out, the surface must be pre-wetted again.
|Property||Typical Value||Testing Method|
|Tensile Strength||>1.8N / mm2||ASTM D412|
|Adhesion to Concrete||>1.2N / mm2||ASTM D4541|
|Crack Bridging Capability up to 2mm||Pass||ASTM C836|
|No Crack after 10 Cycle of Stretching and Closing at 1mm Width||Pass||ASTM C836|
|Water Vapour Transmission||<15g / m2 / 24 hrs||ASTM E96|
|Pack Size||42kg set|
|Shelf Life||12 months storage in dry condition|
All tools and equipment should be cleaned immediately with clean water after use. Hardened material can only be removed mechanically
Health and Safety
BETEC® Flex S150 is classified as non-hazardous. Read the product label and Material Safety Data Sheet before use. Protect hands with rubber gloves. Avoid contact with eye and skin. In case of contact, wash immediately and thoroughly with water and seek medical advice.
Coat Thickness and Consumption
|Thickness per coat||0.6mm|
|Coat consumption (min 2 coats)||Approx. 25m2 / 42kg-set (ie. approx. 1.7kg /m2 for 2 coats)|
For assistance with working drawings for projects and additional technical advice, please contact GCP Applied Technologies.
gcpat.in | India customer service: +91 124 4885900
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
BETEC is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Applied Technologies India Private Limited, Unit No. 208, Second Floor, Time Tower Building, Sector-28, MG Road, Gurugram, Haryana-122002, India
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in India. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.in. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-11-18